State Member for Redlands Matt McEachan, has outlined his priority list for Redlands ahead of next week’s State Budget.
Mr. McEachan again called for investment in Redlands infrastructure, roads, hospitals and schools.
“I’m urging the Palaszczuk Labor Government to invest in much need infrastructure, particularly our congested Redlands roads.
“I’m again calling on the Palaszczuk Labor Government to match the LNP’s commitment to the upgrade of Cleveland-Redland Bay Road.
“I discovered that the Palaszczuk Labor Government had been secretly planning to sell the Mount Cotton Driver Training Centre and I called on them to reinvest the money from that asset sale back in to Redlands roads,” Mr. McEachan said.
Mr. McEachan raised the issue in Parliament recently and was told by Labor Government Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey, that the money from the asset sale would be put towards Government advertising campaigns and not Redlands roads.
“Redlands continues to be overlooked by this Labor Government and it’s not good enough.
“It’s time for this Labor Government to start listening to Queenslanders and invest in the roads, schools and hospitals that we need.”
Mr. McEachan’s Redlands priorities include -
- Better police resourcing, particularly for Victoria Point and the Southern Moreton Bay Islands
- Upgrades to road infrastructure, particularly Cleveland Redland Bay Road and Mount Cotton Road
- More beds for Redland Hospital
- Improved resourcing for local schools
- Upgrades to boating and fishing infrastructure
- Planning for a new State School in Southern Redlands
- Government support for the Weinam Creek Priority Development Area
- Improved public transport
- Maintain subsidies for aged pensioners
- A reduction in payroll tax for local business to employ more people
[ENDS] 10 June 2016